Fodor's InFocus Charleston
with Hilton Head and the Lowcountry
Fodor's Travel Guides
Whether you want to tour historic houses, feast on Lowcountry cuisine, or party on King Street, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Charleston are here to help! Fodor’s In Focus Charleston guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor’s In Focus Charleston travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 9 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “What to Eat and Drink in Charleston”, “What to Buy in Charleston”, “Best Historical Sights in Charleston” and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Kids and Families”, “What to Watch and Read Before You Visit,”, and “Best Tours”
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: King Street, the Battery, Sullivan’s Island, Fort Sumter National Monument, Folly Beach, Moncks Corner, Edisto Island, Hilton Head, Beaufort, and much more.
Planning on visiting the rest of the American South? Check out Fodor’s Carolinas and Georgia.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!