Moon 52 Things to Do in Los Angeles
Local Spots, Outdoor Recreation, Getaways
From the market you haven’t hit yet to the desert getaway you keep meaning to plan, experience something new right here at home with Moon 52 Things to Do in Los Angeles.
- Cool things to do in and around the city: Check out the art galleries in West Adams, hop on a Jeepney in Historic Filipinotown, and learn a craft from local artisans. Sample street tacos on Sunset, enjoy a platter of Ethiopian food, or experience a drag-show brunch. Bike or skate along the LA River, search for sea life in the tide pools of San Pedro, or hike to the Griffith or Mount Wilson observatories
- Day trips and weekend getaways: Take the Pacific Surfliner Train from Union Station to Solana Beach, kayak on Lake San Marcos, or wander Ojai’s nature preserves. Rent a golf cart on Catalina Island, shop and dine along Santa Barbara’s State Street , or immerse yourself in desert artwork in the Coachella Valley
- Experiences broken down by category: Find to do lists for each season, activities for kids, outdoor adventures, arts and culture, food and drinks, live entertainment, and more
- A local's advice: Longtime Angeleno author Teena Apeles knows the city's ins and outs, from unexpected street art to hidden local history
- Inspirational full-color photos throughout
- Easy-to-scan planning tips: Addresses, nearby attractions, and tips for avoiding the crowds if you're heading to a popular spot
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.