Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) National Exam
Your Study Guide for Success
Eli A. Karam, PhD, LMFT
Written by AAMFT Training Award Winner!
Distinguished by its focus on two key elements for exam success: the knowledge required for licensure and effective test-taking strategies, this helpful guide to the MFT National Licensing Exam provides a total of 360 questions including practice questions with in-depth Q&A and a complete mock exam mirroring the test format. Podcasts summarizing major models and theories of marriage and family therapy are also included throughout to supplement the chapters.
This reliable resource enables readers to quickly identify areas of strength and weakness with strategic questions at the end of each chapter. It encapsulates fundamental knowledge—representative of the depth and breadth of required information—in a concise, easily digestible format. In addition to the practice questions that prepare readers for what to expect on the exam, the full-length mock exam test not only the candidate's knowledge of family therapy concepts, models, and knowledge domains, but also requires readers to be prepared to apply their knowledge to the direct practice of MFT. Additionally, the guide analyzes the components of multiple-choice questions to give test-takers a greater familiarity with the exam. Brief summaries of key MFT models and theoretical perspectives are provided, along with an overview of the content of the six domains covered in the exam, including a review of the AAMFT Code of Ethics, DSM 5, and specific test-taking strategies as introduced in the 2022 AMFTRB National Examination Handbook for Candidates.
- Presents 360 questions including full-length mock exam
- Includes proven strategies and tips for test-taking success
- Pinpoints only the content you need to pass the exam
- Written by AAMFT Training Award winner
- Organized to correspond to the six domains of the AMFTRB exam
- Reflects the most recent exam outline and structure
- Provides complete glossary with purchase
- Includes Podcasts that summarize major models and theories of MFT